Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Why I Get Frustrated with Sports

Let me be clear: I love sports. I play them, watch them, follow them, and obviously write about them. But that doesn't mean I love everything. In fact, I'm often annoyed by them.

Today, Mark Jackson was fired by Golden State. THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!! He took over a franchise that hasn't had any recent success, and led them to the playoffs in a loaded conference two years in a row. Last year, they won a series and nearly took out the mighty Spurs in the first round.

I get that they lost in the first round last week (a step back from 2013), but they were playing without starter Andrew Bogut, and against a team that was more talented, deeper, and had home court advantage. Not to mention they fact that the whole world wanted LA to win because of the Sterling situation. The players played hard for Jackson, and Jackson did well with a team that was injured and incomplete (personnel-wise).

If nothing else, give him another season, because it's not like there are other great options out there. Instead, they'll hire some mediocre coach and Jackson will likely move on to bigger and better things. In fact, I think the Lakers should hire Mark Jackson. Then he can lead the Lakers back into the spotlight and take out his former team in the process.

That's all...

By: The Sports Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment