Monday, June 4, 2012

NBA Playoffs weekend wrap-up

Its absolutely amazing how similar the two series appear right now.  Both are tied 2-2. Both teams have held serve on their home courts. Both have had one player in each game step up and take the game over. And both road teams apparently have the momentum for game 5.

To give you an idea of how riveted I was on game 4 last night in Boston here is a description of my night last night.  I started watching the game...saw that Boston was up 17 in the second quarter.  Thought to myself "well if the Heat come back I don't want to watch it, and if they make it back it won't be until the 4th quarter". So I then decided to do an insanity workout and then turn the game back on afterward to see if it was any closer. I turn it back on in the middle of the third quarter and the celtics are only up 16, and had scored 4 points in the quarter thus far.  I again thought to myself "the Heat are an 8-0 run away from being right back in this game".  The Heat proceed to go on a 9-0 run and get within 5 points.  I decide that the Heat will come back and win and do not want to watch that.  I start watching the recorded season finale of "Game of Thrones" as I'm going to sleep. About 45 minutes in I check my phone just to take a peak at the final score so I can get angry about the Heat winning,  and the Celtics are up 1 in OT.  I pause GOT and immediately start sweating the last few minutes, hoping that the Heat lose with every fiber of my being.  (I'm one of those fans who really doesn't even like Boston, but hates the Heat so much I instantly become a superfan of any team they are playing.)  After Rondo makes 1 out of 2 free throws and Marquis Daniels fouls D-Wade with 14 seconds left in the game, I am pacing back and forth awaiting the inevitable step back game winning three....and I watch it..D-Wade driving right...stopping...planting and going left...pump faking...(oh crap here it comes)...Marquis Daniels biting on the fake like a piece of Cherry Pie (refrain from using chicken for obvious stereotypical reasons)..Wade freeing himself up, launching an on-line wide open 3...and then pump my fist in the air and yell "Yes" when the shot goes off of the front of the rim. Meanwhile, my wife is sound asleep on the bed and never moves ( just to give you a full visual of the room ).  Anyone have similar emotions to me? Good, because to not hate the Miami Heat is un-American.  Now if only Chris Bosh will stay hurt long enough for the inferior team to win the series and then fall-over in the Finals against......

Whoever comes out of the OKC/SA series.  I honestly have no clue who will win this series now.  I am sticking with SA simply because I don't want to appear fickle, but it seems as though OKC has figured out how to play defense on the Spurs.  If the Spurs don't hit some more outside shots (Yes, Danny Green I'm talking to you) they will not win this series.  The 3 pointer is the great equalizer for the Spurs in this series ( Oh yeah, and Tim Duncan, how about you dunk the ball instead of constantly missing 3 inch layups because you are imagining Serge Ibaka stuffing the basketball into your mouth like a meatball).  Should be a very entertaining game tonight. Almost as entertaining as watching the Bachelorette will be...maybe more so.  But hey, if Tony Parker loses in this series he can always go from Eva Longoria to Emily...she might like a little French PG in her life...who knows.

Enjoy the game people, and please don't ever root for the Miami Heat...its just not right.

1 comment:

  1. I am on vacation people so sorry I've been quiet. I may blog tomorrow if I have some time between activities. I too am stunned by these series...and confused. As I type this Boston just went up 3-2 and now both lower seeds have Game 6's on their home courts to win.

    I'll add that Emily from the Bachelorette is better looking than Eva (yes, it is possible) but not as good looking as my wife (and I am not even saying that cause I am in charge of a marriage ministry).

    Also, chicken would have been a better line there. Until next time, hate the Heat!

    ReplyDelete